Melayu mudah lupa

When I was Prime Minister, the Umno Malays would fall over each other in rushing to kiss my hands, Mahathir related during one public speaking event. Today, they are scared of being seen with me and will not even take my calls, lamented Mahathir.

If that is not the best example of Melayu mudah lupa then I don't know what is.

Mahathir received another dose of Melayu mudah lupa recently when Umno refused to allow his son to contest in Langkawi. Langkawi would not exist if not because of Mahathir. Mahathir made Langkawi into what it is today. But, today, Mahathir's son is not welcome in Langkawi. Instead, they sent him to Jerlun to contest. But he was sent to Jerlun not to win. He was sent to Jerlun to be slaughtered.


source: Malaysia Today

But Mahathir's son did win.

No comments: